Praxis Group, a Division of Patrick Industries is currently seeking a Purchasing Assistant to add to their team. If you are highly motivated, detail oriented, and have experience in purchasing than this is the job for you! Under the general direction of the Materials Manager, the Purchasing Assistant will work closely with Purchasing Agents and will be responsible for assisting in the procurement of materials, supplies and goods for Patrick Industries at the highest quality for the lowest price and other assigned duties.
· Buy all manufacturing goods BUT fabric: (Nuts, Bolts, Foam, Wood)
· Buy warehouse, small shop supplies: (Tools, Cleaning supplies, Hardware)
· Outsource covers
o Create sales orders to have covers made outside Praxis
o Create purchase order to bring back and sell in house
· A/P discrepancies with Corporate between Purchase Orders and Invoicing
· Coding invoices for corporate
· Double-checking all purchase orders to be received correctly with corresponding packing slips
· Works with Purchasing Agents at the Business Units to get data, pricing and quotes needed from vendors
· Builds and maintains relationships with vendors and manufacturers
· Initiates contacts with vendors in relation to materials, invoices and contracts
· Solicits and reviews bids and makes recommendations for the award of bids
· Keeps records and prepares periodical reports, and provides for the maintenance of an up to date inventory
· Coordinates cooperative bidding and other purchasing activities for Adorn as directed
· Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
· Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
· Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
· Follows sourcing through to the implementation and relief of the material through the Bill of Materials
· Prepares forecasts for Sales and Purchasing Agents
· Coordinate and administer supplier and vendor returns
· Working knowledge of MS Suites with strong Excel skills
· Experience in AX Dynamics highly desired
· Experience in Inventory Control/Receiving a plus
· Candidates must be able to set priorities and multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Must have good problem solving skills
· Self-motivated to work independently in busy environment with changing priorities
· Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with staff at all levels and in a team environment
· Attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Strong communication skills; (written, oral and listening).
· Strong accountability and follow-through skills.
· Highly organized; and has the ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
Patrick Industries offers competitive wages and a full benefits package including but not limited to, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Vacation, 401K, and HSA.
At Patrick Industries, our Customer First Culture has positioned us as a leading manufacturer and distributor to the RV and Manufactured Housing Industries. A focus on exceeding our customer’s needs every day; anticipating and providing the products and service which they want; investing time and effort to understand our customers business, products, and needs; going beyond what is expected; and doing what we say we will do, is critical at every level of our organization.
Learn more about Patrick Industries, INC. www.patrickind.com