Patrick Industries is seeking a Director of Transportation and DOT Compliance to add to our growing team to oversee the company’s transportation assets and initiatives while continuing to keep the company in compliance with federal, state and company policies and guidelines.
The Director of Transportation is responsible for the direction, management and oversight in a variety of transportation and planning areas and will exercise professional and independent judgment in recommending programs, projects and staffing.
In this role, the Director is directly responsible for driving the delivery performance for all Patrick Industries manufacturing and distribution Business Units to the external customers. Creating strategies to improve business process productivity, reducing distribution costs and improving profitability while maintaining excellence are all daily tasks of the Director of Transportation. Working together with Leadership from Patrick Business Units, the Director will manage the development, implementation, and execution of company-wide Transportation programs while maintaining DOT compliance and Safety programs related to transportation. Lastly, he or she will partner with, and support peers in planning, sales and quality assurance to ensure the cooperative provides excellence for both internal and external customers while assuring compliance with all Federal, State and inter-company policies.
If you are looking for a performance driven environment that is not just a place to go, but the place to grow and build a career, please send your resume and a cover letter, detailing why you are the right candidate for the Director of Transportation position at Patrick Industries.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or a closely related technical field. Training in the transportation area preferred
• Position requires 5+ years of management experience with exposure to materials and/or logistics and transportation management
• Demonstrated knowledge of local/state/federal transportation regulations is preferred
• Inbound and outbound fleet operations and routing experience is required
• Demonstrated leadership ability to supervise, train, and evaluate subordinate employees and communicate effectively is required
Other Requirements Include:
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to provide guidance and assistance to others and influence through personal credibility
• Must have excellent time management and organizational skills, and a strong attention to detail
• Must remain positive, flexible, professional, and have the ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide array of plant personnel ranging from hourly employees to senior management
• A high level of personal integrity; self-esteem, confidence, honesty, and respect
• The ability to work independently in a busy manufacturing environment with changing daily priorities
As a division of Patrick Industries, we offer a great benefit package including: Health care through BCBS with company funding of the Health Savings Account option, company matching 401K, comprehensive Dental and Vision plans, paid vacations and holidays, and fitness reimbursement.
At Patrick Industries, our Customer First Culture has positioned us as a leading manufacturer and distributer to the RV and Manufactured Housing Industries. A focus on exceeding our customer’s needs every day; anticipating and providing the products and service which they want; investing time and effort to understand our customers business, products, and needs; going beyond what is expected; and doing what we say we will do, is critical at every level of our organization.
Learn more about Patrick Industries, INC. www.patrickind.com